Serial killer newspaper articles.
Methods of Death & How They Feel
- Drowning: When victims eventually submerge, they hold their breath for as long as possible, typically 30 to 90 seconds. After that, they inhale some water, splutter, cough and inhale more. Survivors say there is a feeling of tearing and a burning sensation in the chest as water goes down into the airway. Then that sort of slips into a feeling of calmness and tranquility. That calmness represents the beginnings of the loss of consciousness from oxygen deprivation, which eventually results in the heart stopping and brain death.
- Heart Attack: The most common symptom is chest pain: a tightness, pressure or squeezing, often described as an “elephant on my chest”, which may be lasting or come and go. This is the heart muscle struggling and dying from oxygen deprivation. Pain can radiate to the jaw, throat, back, belly and arms. Other signs and symptoms include shortness of breath, nausea and cold sweats.
- Bleeding to Death: Anyone losing 1.5 litres – either through an external wound or internal bleeding – feels weak, thirsty and anxious, and would be breathing fast. By 2 litres, people experience dizziness, confusion and then eventual unconsciousness.
- Fire: Burns inflict immediate and intense pain through stimulation of the pain nerves in the skin. To make matters worse, burns also trigger a rapid inflammatory response, which boosts sensitivity to pain in the injured tissues and surrounding areas.As burn intensities progress, some feeling is lost but not much. 3rd degree burns don’t hurt as much as 2nd degree burns.
- Decapitation: Very quick. Consciousness is said to continue for a few seconds after decapitation. It’s thought to be painless. But the separation of the spinal cord and brain may cause severe pain.
- Electrocution: Higher currents can produce nearly immediate unconsciousness. The electric chair was designed to produce instant loss of consciousness and painless death, but that’s debatable. It’s been proposed that prisoners could instead be dying from heating of the brain, or perhaps from suffocation due to paralysis of the breathing muscles instead of electrocution itself because the skulls of the wall are a thick and powerful insulator.
- Falling from a height: Another instantaneous death. Survivors of great falls often report the sensation of time slowing down. The natural reaction is to struggle to maintain a feet-first landing, resulting in fractures to the leg bones, lower spinal column and life-threatening broken pelvises. The impact traveling up through the body can also burst the aorta and heart chambers.
- Hanging: The rope puts pressure on the windpipe and the arteries to the brain. This can cause unconsciousness in 10 seconds, but it takes longer if the noose is incorrectly sited. Witnesses of public hangings often reported victims “dancing” in pain at the end of the rope, struggling violently as they asphyxiated.
- Lethal injection: . First comes the anaesthetic thiopental to speed away any feelings of pain, followed by a paralytic agent called pancuronium to stop breathing. Finally potassium chloride is injected, which stops the heart almost instantly. Eyewitnesses have reported inmates convulsing, heaving and attempting to sit up during the procedure, suggesting it’s not always completely effective.
- Vacuum (In Outer Space): When the external air pressure suddenly drops, the air in the lungs expands, tearing the fragile gas exchange tissues. This is especially damaging if the victim neglects to exhale prior to decompression or tries to hold their breath. Oxygen begins to escape from the blood and lungs. Human survivors from NASA often report an initial pain, like being hit in the chest, and may remember feeling air escape from their lungs and the inability to inhale. Time to the loss of consciousness was generally less than 15 seconds.
Alice is Dead is another online horror game, I’d recommend to play.
“You’ve arrived in Wonderland, that’s good. Alice is dead, that’s bad. You don’t know who you are, that’s the worst.
Do you have what it takes to get out of Wonderland, and more importantly, figure out who you are?
One of my favorite mysteries.
In 1994 Gloria Ramirez was admitted to the emergency room suffering the effects of cervical cancer. Ramirez was in a state of confusion and experiencing respiratory and cardiac distress. Going into cardiac arrest, workers attempted to defibrillate her heart.
At that point several people saw an oily sheen covering Ramirez’s body, and some noticed a fruity, garlic-like odor that they thought was coming from her mouth. A registered nurse…attempted to draw blood from Ramirez’s arm, and noticed an ammonia like smell coming from the tube. She passed the syringe to Julie Gorchynski, a medical resident who noticed manila-colored particles floating in the blood.
After drawing blood, three staff members treating Ramirez lost consciousness. The emergency room was then ordered evacuated while a skeleton crew stayed behind to treat Ramirez. 45 minutes later, Ramirez was pronounced dead from kidney failure. California Department of Health and Human Services investigated the incident, interviewing all 34 staff. About 10 workers claimed to have been affected, the most serious of which experienced shortness of breath, muscle spasms, and loss of consciousness. All affected workers produced normal blood tests.
One worker spent two weeks in the intensive care unit due to breathing problems, hepatitis, avascular necrosis of the knees, all of which were developed after the incident.
There are many theories as to confirm what happened ranging from the DMSO theory (a chemical used to treat cancer parents) to something as radical as a meth lab.
You can read more here
CREEPY THINGS TO WATCH
A compilation of all the horror filled movies, t.v shows & documentaries I could find. It includes some of my own masterposts and other people’s masterposts.
- Scary Movie Masterpost
- Childhood Halloween Masterpost
- Psychological Thriller Movie Masterpost
- Not So Scary Movie Masterpost
- Link to Horror Movies You Shouldn’t Miss
- Another Horror Movie Masterpost
- Foreign Horror Films Masterpost
- Creepy Short Film Masterpost
- American Horror Story Masterpost
- The Walking Dead Masterpost
- Supernatural Masterpost
- Scooby-Doo Masterpost
- Top 10 Disturbing Documentaries
- A Haunting Episode List
- X-Files Episode List
- Ghost Hunters Episode List
- Ghost Adventures Episode List
- The Twilight Zone Episode List
- Unsolved Mysteries Series
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer Series
- Ghost Whisperer Series
- Psychic Kids Series
- Is It Real Series
- Sightings Series
- Strange But True Series
COSTUME/CREEPY MAKE-UP TUTORIALS
A compilation of amazing people with a talent for art and expression. Some of these are gorey, so be cautious.
- Cracked Doll
- Severed Fingers
- Dissected Arm
- Maggot Eyes
- Corpse Bride
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- Dead Bride
- Creepy Dummy Doll
- Annabelle Doll
- The Exorcist
- The Ring
- Silent Hill Nurse
- Chucky: Child’s Play
- Candy Demon
- Unwanted House Guest
- Monster Girl
- Blood Nail Art
- Scary Fairy Nails
- Cute & Easy Halloween Nails
CREEPY STORY NARRARATIONS
What’s better than reading scary stories? Listening to them from people who have a voice that perfectly match the suspense needed for such stories.
- Cry Reads
- Otis Jiry
- Madame Macabre
- Litter Bot
Creepy compilations from around the web and from posts I’ve made before.
- Top Rated Scary Stories
- Cracked on Horror
- Listverse Bizarre and Creepy
- Creepiest Gifs
- Reddit No Sleep
- Reddit Paranormal
- Reddit Horror
- Creepy Contacts
- Top 10 Sixpenceee Stories
- Top 10 Reddit Lets Not Meet Stories
- Top 10 Creepy Short Films
- Compilation of Short Creepy Stories
- Unsettling Things on the Internet
- Top 10 Terrifying YouTube Videos
- Top 10 Creepy Audio Recordings
- Creepy Dares List
- Creepy Facts Compilation
- Top 5 Disturbing Topics
- Top 5 Fake Documentaries
- 6 Terrifying Comics
- Common Nightmares & Their Meanings
- Creepy Japanese Urban Legends
- Creepy Lost Episodes Compilation
- Compilation of Horror Pranks
- Top 5 Mass Extinctions
- Glitch in the Matrix
- Top 10 Found Footage & Creepy Videos
- Top 10 Long Scary Stories
- Ways to Contact the Dead
- Creepy Meaning Behind Nursery Rhymes
- Creepiest Glitch Experiences
- Paranormal Science Resources
- Map of Monsters/Ghosts/Cryptids in the USA
- Everything on Astral Projection
- Everything on Terrifying Dolls
The first couple are masterposts I’ve made, the rest are masterposts I’ve gathered from other blogs.
- Masterpost of World’s Scariest Places
- Masterpost of True Terrifying Events
- Masterpost of Creepy Stories
- Masterpost of Gothic Novels
- Masterpost of Creepy Websites
- Masterpost of Creepy Online Games
- Masterpost of Creepy Sleep-Over Games
- Masterpost of Scary Music
- Masterpost of Free Indie Horror Games
- Another Halloween Masterpost
- Halloween Pixel/Background Masterpost
- Another Halloween Pixel/Banners/Cursor Masterpost
- Chilling Tales For Dark Nights Masterpost
- Paranormal Podcast Masterpost
- Scary App Masterpost
- Paranormal Creatures Masterpost
- Superstitions Masterpost
- Creepy Wikipedia Articles Masterpost
- Masterpost of Creepy Stuff
- Myths & Urban Legends Masterpost
- The Bloodworth Saga Masterpost
- Scary October Masterpost
CREEPY TUMBLR BLOGS
Some creepy blogs to keep your dash scary 24/7. Thanks to everyone who contacted me for this. Sorry, if I’m forgetting you. I really am. I made this list during midterms week & I was half dead.
Well, there you go! :) Be sure to check out my halloween special, where you guys get to share your halloween spirit. Have a lovely October & Halloween everyone!
Sixpenceee, this is for you. I remember seeing a post about a short film called “Play With Me” on your blog, and at first I thought it was this. However, it wasn’t. This is a very creepy, very disturbing interactive flash game by an artist called Van Sowerwine.
Enter a child’s play house and sit down. A small girl appears. Engage with her at your own risk.
Play With Me is an interactive installation that uses stop-motion animation and sound to create an uncertain reality. Events quickly escalate away from the viewer’s control and a terrible scene unfolds.
You can play the interactive flash game here. Click the glowing objects once it loads.
Trigger Warnings: child abuse, self-harm, suicide, implied sexual abuse, etc. DISTURBING CONTENT! You have been warned.